In 2016 we introduced a brand new fleet of 27 Gatwick Express trains.
The new £145million, British-made trains are designed to transform your journey between London and Gatwick:
- 108 brand new carriages
- More First Class seats and more tables in Express Class
- Power sockets throughout to charge your tech
- On-train Wi-Fi* – handy for live flight departures, Tube updates and posting holiday selfies
- Brighter and lighter, with reading lamps above every seat
- Dedicated luggage racks in every carriage
- 2x2 seating with more leg room and under-seat storage
- Accessible toilets and baby changers
- Improved on-board announcements and info in several languages
- Better air-con for more comfort
- Two double doors per carriage - plus more space around them to help you get on and off the train with luggage. A simple but big difference
We're sorry our WiFi is currently unavailable in one of our 27 sets of trains whilst we repair a train fault. If you find yourself in this part of the train, please move further down to the 'red' part of the Gatwick Express train to access the WiFi.