Travel with confidence
Last updated: 29 March 2022
Face Coverings - please be considerate of each other and wear a face covering if you can whilst travelling. If you do wish to use an exemption card, our Support whilst you're travelling. Using this card or any other card is not mandatory.
Information on rail services throughout the country is available on the National Rail website. Please visit the government website to check on any coronavirus information for travelling in and around the UK.
Trains are getting busier, how safe am I?
- We are all getting used to being around more people following the relaxation of Covid rules across the country. We have enough space for those travelling now overall, but people may find a quieter train by travelling at a slightly different time if possible
- Passengers can make the most of the available space by using the full length of the train and all the doors, especially at busy interchange stations such as East Croydon and London Bridge. On Thameslink services, our on-board screens help show how busy each carriage is for an easy guide
- Our focus on Covid safety continues and we recognise returning to busier trains may concern some of our customers. However, our trains are regularly cleaned with long-lasting anti-viral solutions and the air is refreshed around every six minutes. So, even if people are now sitting closer to others on board, they can feel reassured and confident
- You can check what the quietest services are by using our ‘Find a quieter train’ tool
- Our stations are open - Station information
What is the advice for me if I require assistance?
Our Assisted Travel team are there to help you plan and we recommend booking assistance whenever possible. Of course, we are still providing assistance for passengers who haven’t been able to pre-book. For further information on assisted travel and how to book please click the links below: