Up-to-the-minute information about current engineering works and any other service disruptions on Gatwick Express
Poor weather to affect Gatwick Express, Southern and Thameslink services until approximately 08:00Show detailsHide details
High winds are expected to affect much of the Southern and Gatwick Express networks as well as the Southern part of the Thameslink network during the early hours of this morning. Train Operating Companies are working closely with Network Rail to ensure an effective response, extra resources will be working overnight and in the early hours to help keep trains running. Speed restrictions will be in place across part of the network.
The following alterations will apply:
- The biggest impact is expected on services between Gatwick Airport and Brighton and Gatwick Airport and Barnham via Horsham where delays of up to 15 minutes are expected.
- Services on coastal routes are also affected but should see shorter delays due to their already reduced running speeds
- Services between Oxted and East Grinstead and Uckfield may also be affected with delays of up to 10 minutes
- Some early morning services may be cancelled to allow us to ensure that the routes are free from any fallen branches, trees or debris and you may have to catch a later train
- An obstruction on the line between Brighton and Worthing is causing delays of up to 15 minutes to trains between these stations.
Please ensure you check before you travelling this morning.
Check before you travel:
Please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner to check your journey before you travel.
If you would like to follow this incident on Twitter, please use #UKWeather
You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.
We want to make information better - tell us how! Fill out this online Disruption Survey.
Last updated: 06:26
Autumn Timetable ChangesShow detailsHide details
From 16 October – 8 December 2017 some services will be removed from the timetable.
Please click here for more information.
Last updated: 12/10/2017 03:20
Check live departures or arrivals at any station
Engineering work for Today
Please note that there is no planned engineering work for this date
To check for future disruptions visit the planned engineering works page.