This Website is owned and operated by Southern Railway Limited trading as Southern, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of GOVIA Limited and is a part of the Go-Ahead Group Rail Division.
Southern Railway Ltd is registered in England No. 06574965.
41-51 Grey Street,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
GOVIA Ltd is registered in England No. 03278419.
41-51 Grey Street,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
The information you provide to us when using this Website will be processed for the following reasons:
- to administer your user account with us
- to process any request for advice or information supplied by us
- to process any booking or competition entry made by you
- to notify you of our bulletins, information packs, special offers, competitions and services, should you consent to this
- to customise this Website according to your interests
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
- to process any application made by you for a position with us
If you do not wish to receive additional information from us, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the new account registration form.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- your name and address
- your e-mail address
- your interests
- details about the products or services you specifically request
- information you complete in relation to our customer surveys
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Any information that we collect about you is stored electronically on our database. It may also be printed and stored in our filing system.
We will keep your personal information confidential except to the extent that we are compelled to disclose it by law (for example where fraud or other crime is involved) or to comply with an instruction of a regulatory body of competent jurisdiction, such as:
- the Department for Transport
- other train operating companies where this is necessary to process your booking or competition entry with us
- Passenger Focus and London Travel Watch
- other transport providers where you request this
- any other body carrying out statutory functions
From time to time we may be called upon to demonstrate our maintenance of certain professional standards as set by appropriate authorities and/or to satisfy our auditors and/or to comply with regulations in relation to money laundering or other statutory requirements. If you do not consent to our production of your details for this purpose only as an exception to our duty of confidentiality, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the new account registration form.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or if you wish us to cease processing your data for any particular purpose or purposes, write to us at the above address or amend your detail through the My Account section of the website.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 we adhere to strict security procedures. The personal information, which we hold will be held securely to ensure no unauthorised disclosure or access. When you register for a user account with us you will be required to adhere to the security provisions set out in our terms and conditions.
We would like to contact you in the future for marketing purposes by post, e-mail and telephone but we need your consent to do this. If you would like us to contact you (including by e-mail or telephone) concerning our services and career opportunities that may be of interest to you then please check the appropriate box on the new account registration form.
You may refuse any marketing or career communication from us in the future at any time by unsubscribing those preferences from My Account, writing to us at the address above or clicking on Contact Us.
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold on you, please write to us at the address above or clicking on Contact Us. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity, we will send you, within 40 days, a copy of all the data that we hold concerning you.
When visiting our Webpages, we would like to use tracking technologies, which record information about you automatically with information that does not identify you personally. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. It is possible to configure your Internet browser so that it can disable cookies. For further details, please visit allaboutcookies.org If we cannot use such technology it is possible that certain functionality of this site might be affected and you might not be able to access certain Webpages.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- the internet domain and IP address from where you access our Website
- the type of browser software and operating system used to access our Website
- the date and time you access our Website
- the pages you enter, visit and exit our Website from
- if you linked to our Website from another Website, the address of that Website
We use this information to help us identify click stream patterns, to improve our Website and to learn about the number of visitors to our Website and the types of technology our visitors use. We only use this information to ensure that our Webpages stay compatible with a selection of browsers and systems and thereby ensure that the pages appeal to a wide audience. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.