If you are disabled or have difficulty travelling, you can get advice about accessibility on our trains before you travel.
And when you come to one of our stations, we can offer you the help you need.
How to book assisted travel
It’s best to contact us at least one day before you travel if you want to book assistance. This gives us time to make the right arrangements. There are several ways to book assisted travel:
Fill in our assistance booking form online
Email us on: email@example.com
Call us on:
Telephone: 0800 138 1016 (your information may be recorded)
Minicom/Textphone: 0800 138 1018
SMS Text*: 07860 034 269
Our assisted travel helpline is open every day from 8am - 6pm, except on Christmas Day.
We can arrange help – both at stations and on trains – as well as providing train times and travel information.
* SMS text service available at following times Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm, Saturday – 8am – 3:30pm, Sunday – 8am to 4:30pm for queries. Please use other options for bookings and more complex queries.
What to do when you arrive at the station
We can offer the best assistance if you get to the station at least 20 minutes before the train is due. When you arrive let a member of staff know you’ve booked assisted travel.
We can help you:
- buy a ticket and anything else you may want for your journey
- show you where to go – you’ll need to get to the platform 5 minutes before your train leaves
- get around the station, providing ramps or another kind transport if you can’t use steps
- board the train and find a seat
- change trains during your journey
We can also carry light luggage and let other stations know you are coming so that you are looked after when you arrive.
You shouldn’t have to wait longer than 5 minutes for the help if you’ve booked.
What to do if you can’t book assisted travel
If you can’t let us know before you travel about your accessibility needs, tell a member of staff when you get to the station that you’d like assistance. If they can’t help, they’ll arrange for you to go to another station where you will be looked after.
If there’s no member of staff at the station, you can phone us on 0800 138 1016 or use the help point for assistance.