Refunds and changing your ticket
If you haven’t used your Gatwick Express ticket, you may be able to claim a refund
If you decide not to travel
If you already have your tickets but change your plans for any reason, you can still ask for a train ticket refund: you may have to pay a £10 admin fee.
- If you have an e-Ticket and have not travelled, please log in to your online account to apply for a refund. If you didn’t have an account when you bought your ticket, you can still apply for a refund by linking the order to a new account. The link to do this is in your booking confirmation email
- If you bought the ticket online or if you have a key card, please log in to your online account to apply for a refund
- If you bought your ticket from one of our stations, simply return it to the ticket office to ask for a refund, or use our online refund form
- If you bought a ticket online and have your ticket with you, simply apply for a refund at one of our ticket offices, or use our online refund form
- If you bought online but you don't have an online account, used PayPal, or if you can't get to the ticket office where you bought your ticket, please use our online refund form
Make sure you do this within 28 days of the date on your ticket.
Refunds for delayed or cancelled trains
If you bought your ticket from us and you don’t use it because your train is cancelled or delayed, you can return the unused ticket to us for a full train ticket refund. We won’t charge you any administration fee.
This applies to all tickets - including tickets that are otherwise non-refundable. It also applies if you have begun your journey but are unable to complete it due to a delay or cancellations
Compensation for delayed or cancelled trains
We can't give you a refund if you manage to change trains or take a later service.
If you use a ticket but your journey's delayed by 15 minutes or more, we can offer you compensation through the Delay Repay scheme.
Refunds on tickets bought online
With our money back guarantee, you can get a full train ticket refund if you bought tickets online but never collected them at the station. You don’t need to give a reason.
If you didn't buy your ticket from us
If you bought your tickets from another Train Operator, sales office or website, you should contact them for your refund. This will help to avoid unnecessary processing delays.
We offer a wide range of tickets from our self-service ticket machines to offer the best value fare for your journey. If you need help using our machines or finding the right ticket, ask a member of staff for assistance where possible. In the unlikely event that you buy a ticket from one of our self-service machines, and realise it was not the right ticket, please speak to our staff at the ticket office or our Customer Services team, ideally before travel, otherwise as soon as possible. You may be entitled to a train ticket refund for the difference in fare.
How refunds are paid
We'll refund you in the same or similar way as you originally paid for your tickets. This is so we can comply with government money-laundering legislation.
|Cash||Cash or cheque at our agent's discretion. If you're applying for an immediate refund at a station, we'll try to refund in cash whenever possible.|
|Cheque||Cash, cheque, or the return of your original cheque. This is at the discretion of our agents.|
|Credit or debit card||Credit back to the account you paid from.|
|Rail travel warrant||Credit to the warrant account you paid from.|
|Rail travel voucher (for Delay Repay)||Cash or vouchers. Any immediate refund at a station will be made in cash whenever possible.|